Thanks to their constructive characteristics, plate shutters find significant application in many areas of economic activity.
They are most widely used in reclamation systems, water treatment plants, hydroelectric power plants, thermal power plants, in drainage and water intake systems of reservoirs.
Plate gate valves are of special designs, they are not divided by nominal dimensions, but their dimensions depend directly on the place of installation, ie. on the width and depth of the channel in which the shutter is placed, as well as on the height of the fluid column in front of the shutter.
The basic elements that make up the shutter are the floodgate, the sealing system and the drive mechanism. The floodgate consists of a shut-off body and a frame-shaped guide made of profiled steel connected by screws. Since it is the element through which the flow and fluid levels are regulated, it is dimensioned so that it is reliable at any degree of openness. We make shutters for flow regulation in open and closed channels.
The seal can be metal-metal, profiled rubber on metal, and most often combined. Precise guidance of the shut-off body ensures even pressure along the entire length of the sealing surfaces. Depending on the needs of the system in which they are located, plate shutters can be manual, electro-mechanically or hydraulically driven.
Mechanisms with a manual drive for starting the floodgate can be:
– through a helical spindle with a point that is mounted on a stand or an extended frame of the floodgate
– through helical spindle and bevel gear system
– through helical spindles and worm gearboxes that are mounted on the extended frame of the shutter, they are suitable for the case of a heavier shutter that moves very rarely, and the time of raising and descending is not important
– with drive-on movable carriers with rails, for handling one or more shutters in the system
– portal mechanisms for handling beam shutters with supports, trolleys, reducer and beam
with gripping pliers.
Electromotor-driven mechanisms for starting the floodgate can be:
– with one helical spindle, worm gearbox and electric motor that can be mounted on an extended frame or stand
– with two spindles, two reducers and one electric motor, which is used for larger flood gates, and is mounted exclusively on the extended frame of the flood gate or profile girders.
The drive mechanism with an electric motor drive is also supplied with a lever for starting the floodgate in case of power failure. In the case of a hydraulically operated mechanism, the shutter is actuated by means of a hydraulic cylinder and an oil pump. The support can be an extended frame or a shutter housing. It is recommended for shutters with higher fluid pressure, ie. for higher traction forces and for systems where one pump can be used to drive more shutters.
The welded frame and shut-off body construction are made of structural steel, the traction spindle is made of stainless steel, and the sealing rubber is made of EPDM
Full specification find below